Saturday, May 1, 2010

This weekend's sewing projects

I had two projects I wanted to do this weekend. Both turned out super cute and were fairly easy to do.

First up? Quilted coasters from a cute blog called "a pretty cool life."










My mom let me have some awesome floral and goldenrod fabric that complimented each other so well. It was just a matter of cutting out some squares, sewing inside out and then adding the finishing touches by sewing straight lines in a square around the coaster. They make a fun and simple gift for someone, which is exactly why I made them.

The next project was for my friend A and her beautiful daughter E. A had asked me to make a "taggie blanket" for E. It seemed fairly simple and VERY cute! This project only took me about 1 hour from start to finish. I have quite a few friends with babies due this summer so I can see me knocking these things out for quick and cute gifts.











And the best part is that it's only Saturday! I have an entire day tomorrow to dedicate to a fun and new project. Not sure what it will be yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something I can work on.

Until next time...
Amy

2 comments:

  1. I already told you this in an email, but I love them!!!! You're turning into quite the seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! I'm excited to have a week of sewing this week, too. My parents are in town and my mom even brought along her machines. I have a feeling I'm going to be giving JoAnn Fabrics a lot of money this week. Ha!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete