Monday, May 24, 2010

So much to catch up on!

I've been a neglectful blogger lately. Luckily I have a TON to report!

First and foremost, WE GOT THE HOUSE! Yay! We found out last Tuesday that the bank finally accepted our offer. We had our home inspection on Friday and we head to the mortgage broker today. We're hoping to close by the middle of June and be in to the new house by the third or fourth week of June. This next month is going to be a whirlwind!

I've been sewing like crazy for the Nesting Bazaar on June 19th. You'll see plenty of goodies from me! I'm in the process of setting up an Etsy Shop as well (SeamsEasy). So far I have burp cloths, taggie blankets, plastic bag holders, and coasters. I'd still like to work on a few coffee cozies and maybe some checkbook covers. So much to sew, so little time!

I started my new job last Monday. I've had one week of orientation and I'm feeling overwhelmed pretty good. I start week two today. There are a ton of forms, databases, and terms to learn. Luckily I have a lot of medical social work background and I know it will be extremely helpful! I have another 2 weeks of orientation and then a 6-month probationary period while I continue to get my feet wet. So far, so good.

On a food note, have you ever been to Northstar Cafe in Clintonville? OMG! If you have not, you need to drop all your plans and get down there IMMEDIATELY! Jeff and I had breakfast there with my parents on Sunday morning. I have four words for you - scrambled eggs with chevre. Maybe one of the best things I've ever eaten. Jeff had a poached egg with prosciutto on a delicious Parmesan herb focaccia. Whoa. That dish was life-changing! Moral of the story, go to Northstar Cafe soon!

So that's the update around here! Hope all of you have been doing well. Have a great week!

Until next time...
Amy

3 comments:

  1. OMG, I LOVE Northstar (although I've always gone to the one in the Short North-ish area). I haven't been for breakfast, though, but I might have to try it now that you rave about it!

    I'm so excited that you're doing an Etsy shop! And I can't wait to see all the things you have at the bazaar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house!! I'm so glad you guys got it!

    PS. Love the northstar cafe! They are opening one in Easton now too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting your house! What a long drawn out process that was!

    Northstar Cafe is wonderful indeed! I think they are opening one in Easton soon. (don't hold me to that but I think so)

    ReplyDelete