Sunday, March 7, 2010

Forgot to tell you about the house!

I realized that I never posted about our potential (and hopeful) new house. Jeff and I put an offer on a house about 2 weeks ago. It is a bank short sale meaning that the seller is trying to sell the house before it goes into foreclosure. The seller still takes a hit on their credit, but not as bad as they would if it went into foreclosure. A short sale also means that the bank is a third party involved in the sale. Not only do the buyers and sellers have to come to an agreement on the sale price, but the bank has to approve the offers as well.

Bank approval on short sales can take anywhere from 6 weeks to a few months. Unfortunately the banks are overrun with short sales and foreclosures and there are usually only one or two people processing ALL of the bank's short sales and foreclosures. So you can understand why this process can take so long. What's good about it is that we need the process to take at least 6 weeks because of the current lease on our apartment until June.

This house (I refuse to say "our house" for jinxing reasons) is everything we were looking for. It's HUGE, meaning that when Jeff and I are ready to start a family, we can still live in this house and not feel like we're growing out of it. The kitchen is absolutely gorgeous and so spacious! I know our parents will be jealous of our counter and cupboard space. It has a loft, beautiful vaulted ceilings and a full basement.

What do we hate about it? The carpet. You'll see what I mean in the pictures below, but it'll be a real struggle to decorate with teal/jade carpet. We can't afford to replace it this year, and it's in very good condition, so I'll be taking any and all opinions on design and decoration.

Here are the pics...







1 comment:

  1. Oh it's lovely! I really love the island in the kitchen! It's so light and airy too. I'll keep my fingers crossed that things will turn out well for you!

    ReplyDelete