Saturday, March 13, 2010

Adventures in Sewing

If you look a few posts below, you'll notice that I had picked out a purse pattern from the Little Birdie Secrets blog that I wanted to attempt. Here is my version.














I'm also planning to make this purse in blue with a bright yellow lining. All in all, it was more difficult than most things I've been sewing (burp cloths, bibs, plastic bag holders) but not so difficult that I didn't think I could finish it. I definitely did my share of ripping and re-sewing seams. And while it isn't perfect, it's pretty darn cute and has a lot of character. It'll make a great spring/summer bag for going out.

On a sweeter note, tomorrow is the 3rd CupcakeCampColumbus down at North Market. Jeff and I are both very excited to go. We're going with three friends and I know a ton more people who are going. It should be a ton of fun! (And by "ton" I mean that's how much I'll weigh when we're done.) Pictures to come!

Until next time....
Amy

6 comments:

  1. That purse is so cute! I might have to try one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You did a great job!!!

    Enjoy tonight--I'm jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the purse Amy! I have those very same pink buttons in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had the patience to sew, that is REALLY very cute!! Love the idea of blue with yellow lining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After I saw the bag in your other post I went to that blog and printed all the instructions and even a picture of it to give to my mom. While she was down here visiting we picked out fabric. Clearly I am not the one doing the sewing. I really love yours!!! I love the pink/black and white fabric! so cute

    ReplyDelete