Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lucy's 2 Year Adoption Anniversary

Sorry for the delay in posting! It's been a hectic couple of weeks for Jeff and I. I turned 26 this month and since I told Jeff that I would stop complaining about the events of my birthday, I'll leave it at that. But I do want to thank everyone who went out of their way to make my birthday special (even those who got to it a little later than hoped).

But the title of this post indicates that it isn't about me, it's about our cat Lucy!

Lucy has been a member of the Lombardi household for 2 years now. Shortly after Jeff and I moved into our new apartment, we talked about getting a pet. We knew a dog would be too much work, but Jeff was worried about his allergic reaction to cats. Being the convincing woman I am, I convinced Jeff that we should look into getting a cat and just "try it out". And with a somewhat reluctant "okay" (at the time) the search began!

I found Lucy on Craigslist. She was one of about fifteen cats that belonged to a man who rescued them with his fiance. Well his fiance not only left him, but left him with 15 cats with no home. Her pictures on Craigslist and the descriptions from his email were all that it took to request a meeting with Lucy.

He told us she was small but we didn't realize just how small she was until she came for a visit. Lucy is the smallest adult cat I've ever seen! Even the vet's office comments every time we bring her in on how tiny she is. She warmed up to Jeff right away and I don't think she's left his side (or side of the bed) since. She is devoted to him, and him to her. And Jeff's allergies were never even an issue.




















Name: Lucy
Aliases: Lucy Loo, Lucy Loo Lombardi
Likes: Black rats, cereal milk, sharpening her claws on the carpet, playing fetch, Jeff
Dislikes: Getting her feet wet, Mew-Mew, canned wet food
Most known for: Being so TINY!
You'll most likely find her: Creeping under the dining room table or asleep on the couch
Why we love her: She's our first pet together and she has the best personality. She's the most vocal animal we've ever had and she's such a sweetheart.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...such a cutie! Happy adoption anniversary to Lucy and Happy (belated) Birthday to you! Rumi

    ReplyDelete