Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm in the future also

So last night Jeff and I went to see Mike Birbiglia at the Capital Theater in downtown Columbs. The show started at 8:00 and when we got there at 7:00 we decided to buy our shirts before the show.



Jeff's t-shirt purchase


My t-shirt purchase


The opening act was a guy named Geoff Tate from Cinci. He was very funny. The thing that bugged me the most was that after Geoff's act, they raised the house lights and made us wait another 30 minutes before Mike came on stage! Now I'm already fighting to stay awake passed 9:00pm on most nights, but to have me out on the town, after a long day of work, and then make me sit in a comfy theater chair while NOTHING is happening, I'm lucky I didn't drift right off to sleep.


Finally, Mike came on stage and did about an hour long set. He was very funny with a good mix of old stuff and new stuff. He did some of my favorite jokes including how he passed "Introduction to Computers and Networks" in college as well as the "Guitar Guy" song. Jeff and I both really enjoyed ourselves.


Jeff and I saw Mike about a year ago when he came to the Funny Bone before going on Broadway to do "Sleepwalk with Me". Here is a picture of the three of us after the Funny Bone show last year:

Jeff, me and Mike Birbiglia -- 2008

Hope everyone has a great weekend! We're heading up north to spend time with Jeff's parents, and a couple good friends that we don't see often enough. Until next time.....

-Amy


1 comment:

  1. I wish I was home so I could be one of those good friends... Have fun

    ReplyDelete