Sunday, March 13, 2011

Today's sewing project: kitchen apron

Just wanted to share today's sewing project:

(Please ignore the model who was still her in pj's and had been sewing for the last 2 hours)

My mother-in-law had picked up a ton of fabric for me at her local thrift store, and included in that pile of fabric were these two prints. It was really pretty simple. I cut my pattern to fit my body based on where I wanted the top and bottom of the apron to hit. I measured my mid-section so I knew how wide to make it. My mom had picked up a huge bag of bias tape at a garage sale last summer and in it was the perfect shade of green to match this fabric. I sewed the bias tape on the edges, hemmed my top and bottom, sewed on the ties, and then added 3 pockets with buttons (for decoration) and VOILA! it's done.

I have to do a bit of baking this week and I can't wait to try it out. The only thing I'm nervous about is how it will wash. It's cotton fabric so it should be fine. Guess I'll find out soon enough. I hate to say it, but this is only the 3rd thing I've ever made for myself. I need to start doing more sewing for me. All in good time.

2 comments: