Saturday, March 19, 2011

How do you know when your hair dryer is dying?

I think my hair dryer is on its last legs. Whenever I use it (which is daily) it makes this very loud crackling sound. It's such an odd and concerning sound that when Jeff hears it he always remarks "that doesn't sound normal". Agreed. However, it still heats up and still dries my hair, so it's still serving its sole purpose. It does smell a little funky when I use it and I swear it's going to burst into flames one of these days without warning.

I'm not even sure what the shelf-life is for a hair dryer these days. I think this one is about 2-3 years old. It's not a high quality hair dryer but it gets the job done. I hate to break down and buy a new one since this one seems to be working perfectly pretty well. I also don't want to get out of the shower one day with a wet head and find that my hair dryer has decided to quit working. Or worse, start drying my hair only to witness flames coming out of the dryer and towards my head! It would be comical to witness though. :)

2 comments:

  1. Um...better safe than sorry. You know these things quit at the most inopportune times! I vote that you get a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree..better safe then sorry. I had a blow dryer smell funny when I started drying my hair one morning and then after a loud "pop" it died. It scared me to death. I had no idea that it was on the fritz. Thankfully I had an extra hairdryer in the guest bathroom to finish my hair. I say get a new one. :)

    ReplyDelete