Tuesday, February 22, 2011

No Cupcake Camp for 2011


I am sad to report that I found out today there will not be a Cupcake Camp Columbus in 2011. The amazing organizers for Cupcake Camp have decided to take a hiatus this year but hope to hold it again in 2012. Needless to say, I'm very sad.

I was prepared to actually bake this year with the KitchenAid Stand Mixer that Jeff had given me for Christmas. My sister-in-law even bought me 2 cupcake cookbooks and a cupcake decorating kit. Now that there isn't going to be a Cupcake Camp, what is a girl to do?

A couple friends have suggested that I host my own little Cupcake Camp at my house and invite friends to bake cupcakes, everyone eats them and we vote on our favorites. This suggestion has definitely peaked my interest. I was already plotting how I could do this only 5 minutes after the suggestion was made. I plan to take a look at my calendar, talk with a few friends, and decide if this is something I could really do. It certainly sounds fun!

So while the official Cupcake Camp Columbus will not be happening this year, Cupcake Camp Lombardi may be making it's official debut. More to come...hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so bummed for you! I know that you totally dig this event and now that it's not coming... Oh man. What heart break...

    Anyway, just the word cupcake makes me want one... Off to Pink Moon (ha)!

    ReplyDelete