Monday, January 17, 2011

A Year of Dining Out in Columbus

For 2011, Jeff and I had the idea that we would try one new restaurant each month that we have never been to before. Better yet, why not do it with another great couple we are friends with. Jeff and I picked 6 restaurants and our friends are picking the other 6 restaurants. Tonight we are going to the first one on our list: Figlio. It's a restaurant we've been wanting to try for awhile now. But like everyone, we get into the same food rut and end up going to the same restaurants when we decide to eat out. This little "project" will hopefully expand our food horizons and push us one step closer to that "Columbus Foodie" category (but in a good way).

Here is our list of 6 restaurants:
2. Aab India Restaurant

I plan to be back after going to each restaurant to give you a little food review, hopefully with pictures, and let you know about our experience. Figlio is all about their wood-fired pizzas. Jeff is a huge pizza fanatic so he'll undoubtedly enjoy it. I also enjoy pizza, but I enjoy it best with different and unique ingredients and flavor combinations. I'm hoping that Figlio will give me that opportunity. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! You will absolutely LOVE Aab...it's the best Indian I've ever had. Looking forward to the reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I've never been to any (been wanting to try Figlio & Barcelona--the others weren't really on my radar), but they sound fabulous! Can't wait to hear about it!

    If your friends are having a hard time choosing (or you need an alternate), another place I've always wanted to try is Alana's which is just north of campus on High Street. I used to live next door. The owner trained with someone...lol I don't remember the details, but like I said, I've always wanted to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I've been to 4 of the 6 you listed and they were all good. You should go to Barcelonas when the weather is nice so you can sit on the patio. I love Figlios. I hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete