Saturday, January 22, 2011

Figlio: My review

It was so much more than I expected! First of all, the atmosphere is so intimate and low-key. The lights are dim, there's just enough noise to keep things interesting but not so much that you feel like you have to yell just to have a conversation. The wait staff were all very nice and the service was prompt.

We went for Restaurant Week because we could try the restaurant and the food for a bit less money than if you just eat off the standard menu. For $20 per person, this is what we had:

Jeff
Crab and Corn Chowder
Pesto Chicken with Feta Pizza
Warm Apple Walnut Cake

Amy
Chop Chop Salad - a little too drenched in dressing for my liking
Teriyaki Chicken Pizza - great crust! Love the fresh pineapple. Could have had more teriyaki flavoring
Chocolate Silk Pie - I've never dissed chocolate in my life and I'm not about to start now. :)

They had a decent wine list, but with a wine place right next door that is owned by the same people, I would have expected a bigger "by the glass" selection.

I would definitely go back again when it isn't Restaurant Week. They have a Goat Cheese Pizza that I would love to get my hands on! It's a restaurant worth trying, at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment