Sunday, October 3, 2010

Do you ever just feel "old"?

I'll be 27 in about 2 weeks. I know that by no means does that make me "old", but if you're only as old as you feel, does that also work in reverse? Some nights I feel like I'm about 75! Complaining about kids in our yard, falling asleep by 8:30 on the couch, griping that my knee or hip is hurting. Geez. Sounds like I could be a regular on the Golden Girls.

This weekend I was in Bowling Green for Homecoming. Nothing makes me feel older than watching a ton of college girls drinking, including people my age who are still able to drink at 2:00 in the afternoon and it never phases them. One glass of wine and I'm searching for the nearest place to take a nap! Plus, it was hard to tell friends that I couldn't party with them all night because "I have to get home to my husband and my cats".

It's official, I'm in my late twenties. And before you go asking "when are you having a baby", I can save everyone a breath and let you know that the new age for baby-making is 32. So I still have 5 more years before kids hit closer on the radar. Until then, I'm reveling and adoring all of my friends' babies. And since Jeff and I will probably never be an aunt and uncle, I'll have fun spoiling all babies of close friends.

So with the big 2-7 approaching, I'm left feeling somewhat old and somewhat not ready to grow up. Should be an interesting year.

Until next time...
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment