Tuesday, April 13, 2010

House update

Jeff and I got a call from our realtor last week. She said that the bank had finished the BPO on the house (basically asking a realtor to run comp sale prices in the area) and that we should hear an acceptance or final offer around MAY 5TH!!!! Are you serious?!?!

Now when we got into this whole process, we were told that short sales can take anywhere from 6-10 weeks. Just like any other normal person, I assumed it NEVER takes 10 whole weeks, and that they just tell you 10 weeks so that when it takes 8 weeks, you say to yourself, "Well I'm glad it didn't take 10 weeks". Unfortunately for us, a May 5th acceptance/final offer would take us to exactly 10 weeks from when we put in our initial offer.

Ugh.

Still keeping our fingers crossed that maybe we'll hear something before then.

5 comments:

  1. I hope it all works out for you! My fingers are crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it happens quickly! That seems ridiculously long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo! There's still time it could happen before May 5th :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed for you! May 5th will be here in no time!

    ReplyDelete